Friday, June 19, 2009

Masiko Preis

Masiko helped me last December when I had nowhere to go and no place to show my art. I met Special Jewell, Penelope Parx, and several other people that I call my friends at her gallery. I put some work up around the pool area and there were lots of events to go to and the place was active. I miss Masiko and her dedication to the founding principles of Ujima Coop. Ujima is Colllective Work and Responsibility. Founded by Masiko Preis, Ujima Village is an artist cooperative surrounded by waterfalls and trees.. downhill from Imani Village, both home to artists and entertainers working with 4Flavaz Ent Outdoor gallery and event space for 4Flavaz Entertainment, and the Kuumba Arts Collective. Features an outdoor swimming pool and a uniquely shaped outdoor gallery space for painting and sculpture. Visit: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Milehouse/70/177/45

No comments: